Who doesn’t love a bowl of soup to beat that winter chill? Cooler weather calls for something to warm you up from the inside-out! This savory hamburger stew is a delicious, healthy recipe that the whole family will love.
Instant Pot Hamburger Stew:
2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
4 stalks celery, sliced
2 large carrots, sliced
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
5 cups organic beef broth
2-15 oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 lb grass-fed ground beef
2 tbsp tapioca starch
- Set Instant Pot to “sauté” and add onions.
- Saute until they begin to soften and then add in ground beef. Cook until browned.
- Add all veggies, beef broth, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasonings to the pot.
- Cook on “high pressure” for 10 minutes.
- When done, mix the tapioca starch with 1/4 cup of the broth from the cooked stew. Add the mixture back into the stew and stir.
- Serve and enjoy!
*If using a slow cooker, brown meat on the stovetop with onions. Add browned meat and onions to slow cooker, and add all other ingredients, with the exception of the tapioca starch. Cook on low for 6 hours. When done, follow step 5 to add tapioca starch into the soup.
Let us know what you think! Drop a comment below after you’ve tried it. We know you will love it as much as we do! More yummy recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans (specifically designed for YOUR stage of motherhood) are available exclusively to Move Your Bump members. Learn more about what the Move Your Bump community has to offer by visiting getstarted.moveyourbump.mom.