fbpx

Move Your Bump Community

Placenta Previa  

RSS

Kelynndo
(@kelynndo)
New Member Move Your Bump
05/03/2019 9:41 pm  

I am currently 2o weeks pregnant, and found out that I have placenta previa.  I currently am doing CrossFit, but was told to lay off the high intensity workouts since that could cause bleeding.  Are there any workouts that would be approved for someone with placenta previa?  Or should I just stick to walking for now? 

ReplyQuote
admin
(@admin)
06/03/2019 3:00 pm  

@kelynndo ughh so sorry to hear this.  The thing with PP is that we just don't know- there isn't any research to tell us whats ok or upper limit of what's not ok, so we need to err on the side of caution and really scale back unfortunately.  Every OB seems to have a different approach here.  Some say weight lifting is fine, just no lower body, some same total body is fine just light weights, some say none of it and only walking.  So I'm not really in the position to say what you should do, but your supplemental workouts (posture and abs)  and low impact cardio (walking base pace) is typically what I see as "allowed" in this situation.  Again though, unfortunately we just don't know hard rules so we kinda gotta defer to whatever your doctor suggests. Hopefully it moves quickly and this won't be an issue for long 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register