Move Your Bump Community

Weight Gain 2nd Tri  

RSS

stoickam
(@stoickam)
New Member Move Your Bump
23/01/2019 4:48 pm  

Hi guys!

Expecting first timer here! Wanted some feedback about experiences you have all been through. I just had my 17 week check up and my midwife seemed concerned about the 5lb weight gain I had put on in the last month. My total weight gain so far is 8 lbs. my pp weight was 120, and I'm short at 5 ft. I am very active, eat pretty good, and don't know if I should be alarmed or not. I realize all bodies are different, just wanted to feel out what everyone else's experiences were like and if anyone else was told to watch it or not? Thanks!!1

ReplyQuote
admin
(@admin)
23/01/2019 5:20 pm  

@stoickam 

Hey gf! Congrats to you!  Suggested weight for healthy pregnancies is up to 30 lbs.  My OB says 0-5 lbs in the first half and 20-25 in the back half.  With that said, weight will come on at different rates and timing for everyone differently.  For me I gain about 5 in the first half and then PACK it on weeks 25-35 and then don't gain hardly any the last month.  Everyone goes in different waves. So many things happen that effect what the scale says too.  Eating healthy, exercising and support baby with quality foods is what's important and sounds like you are doing that.  

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register