Move Your Bump Community

Cow’s milk alternatives  

RSS

Ca.Banuelos
(@ca-banuelos)
Active Member Move Your Bump
12/03/2019 2:32 pm  

Hey mommas,

Does anyone use alternative milks with their little ones? My one year old needs to drop the bottle, but she loves it! Our doctor told us to slowly switch over to cow’s milk then work on getting her to take milk from a sippy cup. But we live that dairy free lifestyle, and my daughter has actually been throwing it up whenever we try to give her milk. What do you use? How did you get your little ones to give up the precious bottle? Thanks!!

Carolyn

Sandyf525 liked
ReplyQuote
Jaimehayes82
(@jaimehayes82)
Active Member Fourth Trimester
12/03/2019 10:59 pm  

We have never given my son cow’s milk and his Pediatrician was fine with that.  He was breastfed and then at about a year old I started adding hemp milk into breast milk for his bottle.  After he outgrew the bottle it’s been only water or the occasional Honest juice pouch.  He is a very healthy 5 year old ❤️  Hope this helps Mama!

Ca.Banuelos and admin liked
ReplyQuote
kristen.obrien
(@kristen-obrien)
New Member Fourth Trimester
14/03/2019 12:51 pm  

pea protien milk is great. It has a lot more nutrients than nut milks. 

Ripple is a good brand, but we like Bolthouse Farms the best- unsweetened. It can be hard to find though. My store just stopped carrying it due to low demand so I don't know what I am going to do!

ReplyQuote
meghanhbrennan
(@meghanhbrennan)
Eminent Member Trying To Conceive
16/03/2019 2:42 am  

Our house is dairy free too! My son is almost 14 months so we recently switched over too - he’s been drinking Califia Farms almond milk and Forager coconut and cashew milk - it took a little bit of time but he takes both just fine now. He’s also loving water too. I would offer your daughter both (dairy free milk and water) in two sippy cups then at night we still give him bottle with dairy free milk. He loves his bottle of night, but know we need to probably break the habit soon 😬

admin liked
ReplyQuote
admin
(@admin)
16/03/2019 2:55 pm  

@meghanhbrennan . yea the switch can be tough, but I am glad that it worked for you guys eventually!  Idk about bottles, i have a 16 month old who drinks bottles, so I'm prob not the best person to ask lol. 

ReplyQuote
meghanhbrennan
(@meghanhbrennan)
Eminent Member Trying To Conceive
16/03/2019 3:18 pm  

Ok that makes me feel better! We’re not giving up the bottle just yet then  😄🙏🏼

ReplyQuote
Ca.Banuelos
(@ca-banuelos)
Active Member Move Your Bump
17/03/2019 6:48 pm  

Ah, I know! Such a hard habit to break. We'll get there soon enough, haha!

ReplyQuote
CCheng
(@ccheng)
New Member Fourth Trimester
31/05/2019 6:26 am  

I mix 1:1 Ripple (pea milk) and Fairlife ultra-filtered whole milk. We're otherwise dairy free but my little guy is too small and needs the easy calories and fat until he meets his targets. Goats milk is also another option.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register