fbpx

Move Your Bump Community

IUD and breastfeeding  

RSS

Sandyf525
(@sandyf525)
Active Member Fourth Trimester
01/04/2019 11:31 am  

I am wondering if any breastfeeding mommas have any feedback about the liletta IUD? I recently had my annual appointment with my OB/GYN and we discussed birth control- my son is 2 and my daughter is 8 1/2 months (I am still breastfeeding her). We are not sure if we want a 3rd so I have been looking into BF safe birth control options. After my first, my dr prescribed the mini pill which I never took because we wanted our littles close in age AND the list of side effects was  not very appealing (weight gain, acne, hair growth etc).

After reading Nancy’s birth control post I was leaning towards the copper IUD but after speaking with my dr I think the hormone IUD may be my best option. My only apprehension right now is the effect it may have my milk supply (even though my dr explained to me that it would not have one). So, I was wondering if any one has had experience positive or negative with this that they would be willing to share! 

Thanks!! 

ReplyQuote
admin
(@admin)
01/04/2019 8:16 pm  

@sandyf525 great question!  Glad the blog was helpful. I have not been on BC while Bfing so I am not actually sure.  I just approved this so everyone else can see it though, so hopefully we can get some more tips/insight from others. Xo 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register