Move Your Bump Community

Ab Rehab  

Page 1 / 3 Next
  RSS

ashleysimmons
(@ashleysimmons)
Active Member Fourth Trimester
22/01/2019 1:19 am  

Hi! Love all the information and the website! For the Ab Rehab Program, how long do you stay in each phase? 

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Nancy Anderson
(@myb-team-nancy)
22/01/2019 3:46 am  

@ashleysimmons

Hi Ashley! Each phase of the Ab Rehab program is two weeks long so you'll have a total of four phases. Xo, N

ReplyQuote
Julia
(@julia)
New Member Mom
22/01/2019 8:15 am  

Hi Nancy! I love that you explain the technical stuff and the why for nutrition and fitness!!! Wanted to ask, will there be an Ab Rehab pdf to download? I really need to work on my core and strengthen my body after having three kiddos 👩🏼🧒🏼👧🏻. 

I understand there will be a fitness schedule coming out soon so I am sure it will clarify a lot for me 🙂 

ReplyQuote
LP
 LP
(@lp)
New Member Mom
22/01/2019 10:37 am  

Hi! Is the ab rehab only for forth trimester? I'm 1.5 yrs pp so I selected the Mom option but don't see the ab rehab available in my option.  Thanks!

ReplyQuote
admin
(@admin)
22/01/2019 2:00 pm  

@laurent303

Hey Laur!  Yes its only in the 4TM group.  Regardless of how far pp you are, I want you to consider yourself 4TM if you have not fully gone through a core rehab program post pregnancy. I would switch your phase to 4tm for at least 8 weeks and run through the rehab program 🙂 

N

ReplyQuote
kaeschliman
(@kaeschliman)
New Member Trying To Conceive
22/01/2019 4:23 pm  

I just watched the intro video and you mention in passing that post-partum moms want to be careful/avoid rowing. Could you expand on that? Rowing was mentioned as an option in the AbRehab workouts, so now I’m confused 😅

ReplyQuote
ashleysimmons
(@ashleysimmons)
Active Member Fourth Trimester
23/01/2019 2:21 am  

Thanks so much! 

ReplyQuote
admin
(@admin)
23/01/2019 1:16 pm  

@kaeschliman

of course-  with a lot of things for 4tm mom's it's not do black and white. So rowing is good bc it's low impact bad because a lot of moms core can't handle the movement at the end of the ROM which requires you to be able to engage your core and protect your linea alba from coning.  I just see that often at that part of the ROM a good amount of people lose that control. It's def ok (like most things) if you can tolerate it.  For the mom that isn't very body aware, I would have her avoid.  I coach everyone in a group through my ab rehab so I tell them the same. For the Mom that is, and can handle it, I think it's a great low impact option. A lot of things are trial and error with this group, so I would just try and see how it feels/looks and go from there 🙂 

kaeschliman liked
ReplyQuote
Julia
(@julia)
New Member Mom
24/01/2019 2:47 am  

How would I change my status from mom to 4T? I really want to do the Ab rehab and it’s not available at the mom stage. I am just starting the fitness journey after having 3 children so I definitely need Ab rehab 😊😅

ReplyQuote
Mk
 Mk
(@mk)
25/01/2019 2:20 am  

Hey Nancy! Is the Ab Rehab something TTC ladies should be thinking about to build up a better core pre-pregnancy? I feel like I have very limited core strength and am wondering if there's value around building more up while in this phase. Thank you!!

ReplyQuote
admin
(@admin)
25/01/2019 2:40 am  

@mk

Great question!  This is def something to focus on that you will be focusing on in your supplemental workouts and your warm up activation series (both coming soon) so as long as you are doing both of those you wouldn't need to do the rehab as well. Hope this helps!

ReplyQuote
Nancy Anderson
(@myb-team-nancy)
25/01/2019 4:11 am  

@julia 

Great question! We'd def prefer that you're in the 4TM group if you haven't rehabbed your core post pregnancy. You'll navigate to Account (click, don't hover) and then Subscriptions >> Update Subscription.

ReplyQuote
Mk
 Mk
(@mk)
25/01/2019 2:59 pm  

Thanks, Nancy! That makes a ton of sense and appreciate the guidance. This is going to be our first attempt at trying to conceive so I'm in full on planning mode to try and make things as physically smooth as possible. 

ReplyQuote
Campbellc88
(@campbellc88)
New Member Fourth Trimester
16/02/2019 9:15 pm  

I just switched from 4TM to MYB because I found out I'm pregnant again. I started the ab rehab at the beginning of the month since I had a c-section 16months ago  I was always looking for safe workouts to start for my abs since after a c-section you aren't told much until I found your program! I'm about to start the 3rd week but now that I'm pregnant I'm wondering if I am still able to continue with the ab rehab? Thanks!

ReplyQuote
admin
(@admin)
18/02/2019 1:22 pm  

@campbellc88

Aw yay congrats to you!  Yes, now that you are pregnant we want you in the MYB group. You *can* continue the ab rehab you just want to make sure to stop at phase 3 (don't continue into phase 4) and when you do your TVA minis's, just take full breaths instead of mini's.  Other than that, you're totally good.  There are also pregnancy safe ab workouts in your supplemental workout section as well. I hope that helps! 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3 Next
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register