Move Your Bump Community

Abs workouts & warm up question  

RSS

CarlaGP
(@carlagp)
Active Member Trying To Conceive
22/05/2019 1:50 pm  

Hello,

I have been doing the warmup/activation series this week before all my workouts and today I also did one of the supp abs workouts. I really like them, but I notice that my legs get super tired with the leg push/hold thing (this is both in the activation series and also it was in the abs supp workout I did today). For instance, in the abs workout I couldn't hold the full 90 seconds because my legs were so tired I had to take a mini break in between!!

Essentially, I can feel it all over my quads but most specifically at the top part, closest to the hip flexors (and maybe even in the hip flexors too, not sure). I wondered if this is because my legs are tired/tight in general or I am doing something wrong?

In particular with the activation series, when I put up one leg, even without the swiss ball, my six pack muscles are relaxed, as per the instructions, and I check this with a hand on my belly throughout the whole thing, so I am not sure what the issue can be. If I put up both legs, my belly tightens and my 'big muscles' do kick in but Aaron in the video says this is normal and okay, yet my legs still burn and tire a lot quicker than my core does... I am so confused!

Thank you!

Carla

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Laurenshan
(@laurenshan)
Eminent Member Trying To Conceive
25/05/2019 10:03 pm  

Totally understand! 

I’m sure Nancy has a better answer but for most my patients they are trying to do too big of an exercise and engaging too much. Core work I always say should look like you’re almost doing nothing. I’d try pushing less with both legs and hands during the leg presses and focus more on keeping your low back into the Mat and maintaining a good breathing pattern. That will help engage your deeper muscles and keep the others relaxed. I hope that helps 

ReplyQuote
CarlaGP
(@carlagp)
26/05/2019 4:15 pm  

Thanks so much - that could be it. I’ll try to do “less” 🙂 

admin liked
ReplyQuote
admin
(@admin)
27/05/2019 2:48 pm  

@carlagp they there! So I think the core needs to be turning on more here.  Is your back legit 100% on the ground? are your abs burning? are you shaking? if you are shaking, good- that's the nervous system and you're close to getting everything to turn on but you have to get through that.  If your pelvis is in the right position it shouldn't be burning that might. I would ask Dr. Aaron to confirm, but his daughter is really sick with cancer and he is taking time off. Try bringing your knees closer to your chest to de-activate your hip flexors and start there and see how you do. 

ReplyQuote
CarlaGP
(@carlagp)
27/05/2019 3:21 pm  

Thanks Nancy. My back is 100% on the floor, there is absolutely no space and I can feel my back connecting with the floor everywhere so I think I’m doing that part correctly. 

I struggle to feel my core burning but there is some shaking - I am not sure if this comes from my legs/hip flexors though. When I do other core exercises and pelvic floor or TVA engagement I do get some shaking but never the burning sensation, but I do think I’m doing those ones properly as my pelvic floor and TVA get tired eventually and my overall temperature rises so I get a bit sweaty even!

I know Dr Aaron’s little one is unwell, I really hope she gets better (I donated  to their team after I saw your IG) so that’s totally fine, this is so not important in the grand scheme of things. I will try to bring my knees closer to my chest, perhaps that will sort it. 

Thanks so much! 

Carla

ReplyQuote
admin
(@admin)
03/06/2019 9:23 pm  

@carlagp -- Carla do you do the warm up follow along video? Dr Aaron has a ball he suggests using if you cant feel your hip flexors and abs relaxed, have you tried this yet? 

And thank you so much for your donation, they have been so blown away by the support and appreciate it so very much!

ReplyQuote
CarlaGP
(@carlagp)
04/06/2019 7:05 am  

Hello, yes I have done the follow along video. The ball helps but if I use it I struggle to feel my core shake. I have been trying what you suggested and bringing my knees closer to my chest and that seems to be helping 🙂 

I will try with a different size ball too and see what happens 🙂

thank you! 

ReplyQuote
admin
(@admin)
05/06/2019 11:24 pm  

@carlagp ok yea i totally get that! maybe i can make a super simply PDF and include it in the new site if everyone is missing that.  Sorry about the confusion there. 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register