fbpx

Move Your Bump Community

workout question  

RSS

mare.rahimi
(@mare-rahimi)
New Member Fourth Trimester
02/03/2019 11:26 pm  

Hi!  This is my second baby, I work out alot and it is really important to me.  But while I was pregnant with my first my OB told me not to get my HR over 140 to 160 and I was terrified...used my HR monitor constantly, cried after workouts because I wondered if I harmed the baby by working out too hard.  I still pushed through and did spin until 6 days before she was born, at which point my fear got the better of me and I stopped.  I tapered my workouts, didn't push as hard, and was terrified the whole time that I was a bad mother.  I did alot of my own research and have read yours and I know my OB's mentality is completely false.  I am in the health care field, I know the research, but it is hard to navigate what I can and cannot do.  I currently run ,strength train, do occasional lagree pilates, and spin.  I recently developed IT band syndrome and was thinking of taking up jumping rope as cardio until I can run again without pain.  Is this safe?  I am going to be 6 weeks on Tuesday and I dont see how the impact of rope is any worse than that of running.  But I am still a worried mama, afraid of doing the wrong thing and my OB is no help.

ReplyQuote
admin
(@admin)
03/03/2019 10:38 pm  

@mare-rahimi

I am so sorry that you were cheated out of enjoying your fit pregnancy. Yes, jump rope is fine especially this early on as long as you can tolerate it without back pain, groin pain, pressure, leakage ect! Totally ok!

ReplyQuote
Nicoleg7
(@nicoleg7)
Active Member Trying To Conceive
12/03/2019 8:59 pm  

Hi, 

I saw additional HIIT cardio workouts were added to the supplemental pdf such as rowing, biking, etc. When should we do those? Do we alternate  the cardio we have in the month pdf which is running? 

ReplyQuote
admin
(@admin)
12/03/2019 9:26 pm  

@nicoleg7 yes exactly-- any of those cardio workouts can be subbed for the treadmill runs that are delivered each month. So they would sub for your HIIT cardio.

ReplyQuote
Nicoleg7
(@nicoleg7)
Active Member Trying To Conceive
12/04/2019 5:02 pm  

Hi! I have a question regarding weights. I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant and don't want to harm myself or the baby. Should I continue to lift my pre-pregnancy weight as long as I'm comfortable? Should I be dropping weight? 

ReplyQuote
admin
(@admin)
13/04/2019 5:05 pm  

@nicoleg7 hey Nicole! If you're having a normal pregnancy, it's absolutely safe to lift whatever you're used to lifting! Not only safe but beneficial for you and baby. Hope this helps! 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register